Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Update

Bikram

I am on day 16 of my 30 in 30 days. During the first week I kept asking myself what the fuck am I doing? If I hadn't pre-paid for the month, I probably would have called it quits. Now on the second half of the 30 days, I am going to class out of habit. I am not really thinking about the fact that I have fourteen more days to go. I just go no matter what. I am also doing doubles for days when my job cuts into my yoga schedule. Doubles are horrible, horrible, horrible. But they are doable. The coconut water and the vitamin c packs really help. My struggle, because I always have a struggle, is my neck. It went from being sore to having sharp pain. For the last week I have had to ice my neck after class. I ice and sleep. It has been very painful. I officially cannot sleep with a pillow. I miss my pillow- a lot. It has also forced me to be super aware of my body during practice. I have to ultra aware of tension in my neck and shoulders. And rabbit pose is out. Thankfully non of the instructors expect much of me. Awkward pose remains my albatross. I just cant get all the way down there, stay all the way down there, and get back up. I blame my weight. I blame my knees. It better not be another fucking mental block. I have way too many of those to deal with.


Work

Work is work. Not enough time, not enough me. Old work keeps dogging me.

Health

My heath is a discussion for another day. I don't want to speak into existence what is swirling around in the back of my head. Oddly enough, I was contacted for being a possible bone marrow donor. I gave blood sample. They wanted a lot of blood. Thankfully I had a big lunch. I am hoping I am not a match. Not because I don't want to help. I do. But I think I may have unconfirmed health issues that may preclude my donation. I don't want to be a match and then have to tell them I can't do it.

The Sit

I am going to start my temple hopping adventure soon. I am trying to go into it without any expectations. But I am anxious and nervous. Not sure I am ready for it.

Running

Thanks to Bikram, my body won't let me run. It's just too much. I am not that bad ass yet.

Weight
My weight has stayed exactly the same. It will not budge. I am tired all the time. My body hurts. I can't get anything done. And my weight will not budge.

2 comments:

  1. "I am not that bad ass yet." - Wrong, you have done much more then most. 30 Days of Yoga is hardcore. I'm not sure if I've ever done 16 in a row. You're bad ass awesome x 6 to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos on gutting it out -- even though the impetus for doing yoga is financial right now.

    Hang in there as far as the weight loss goes. I've been in the mother of all plateaus as well. I keep wrecking my body and putting it back together. C'est la Vie...

    Hopefully, we will both have breakthroughs.

    ReplyDelete