Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Year, New Who

       Hmmm.  Where to start?
            I found it nearly impossible to not gain weight over the holiday season.  Constant cakes, cookies, and all manner of wonderfully bad for me treats.  This was the first holiday season I have had as an employee  in several years. When you are self employed, you don't have to worry about office Christmas festivities.  Well, this was my first test and I did not pass.  Add to that the fact that I was sick for nearly the entire month of December.  Something crept into my chest and did not want to leave.  Due to financial circumstances I haven't been able to go to Bikram since last December.  It's a chore for me to go to the gym.  I am bored to death on the machines.  But as I have mentioned in previous posts, my trainer won't let me quit.

            Excuses.  I have lots of them.  But the honest truth is that  I am not doing what I should be doing and I am letting the weight creep back on.  I have gained 22lbs!  I set New Year's resolutions every year.  I know its cheesy but I use them as a guidepost for my year.  I haven't taken any of the steps I promised myself I would since January 1st.

      Well, I am sick of the excuses and I'm sick of beating myself up about it.  It's time to get back on track.  I can't afford to go back to Bikram yet.  But I can afford some exercise videos.  So I am making a workout schedule.  I have four videos and I will go to the gym to ride the elliptical machine three times a week.   I should have everything finalized by this afternoon.   I will post my workout schedule, along with names of the videos, as soon as possible.

         My goal is to have that 22lbs off by the end of March!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment