Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Race to my Race

My very first 5K is next week on the 15th. I am a slow runner and I have been obsessing over finishing last. And I continue to have a complex over what people will say or think when they see me run. I want to run faster and longer. I wish I looked like a runner. Felt like a runner. I always feel so out of place. Not to mention the fact that I have started Couch to 5k twice.

I have decided that the best way to move forward, get out of my rut, is to just do it. I signed up for my first 5K. If I come in last, I'm last. But I have to start.

I ran 4miles Monday. Today, I'm sick and I'm bloated. But I can't just chock this week up to a loss. My race is next week. That means I have to get my time in this week. I want to feel comfortable running 4miles. I will not finish this year struggling with a 5k. I plan to run an 8k, 10k, and half marathon this year. Obviously, I need a training plan. I don't want to hurt myself. But my running has been stagnant for a long time and I am sick of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment